[R] R.oo installation warnings?

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 21 04:02:42 CET 2010

Hi,

don't worry about those setGenericS3()/setMethodS3(0 warnings - they
are just informative.

I am aware of that last warning:

Warning: package 'R.oo' claims to be built under R version 2.10.0 but
is missing some help files and needs to be re-installed

but it does not go away when you reinstall.  It is also reported in
all of the CRAN checks, which obviously are built on the correct
version, cf.

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_R.oo.html

I haven't had time to track down what triggers this warning.

I wouldn't worry about this warning either - R.oo is used in many
downstream packages with tons of CPU hours/testing, and I haven't got
any reports that this would cause a problem.

/Henrik