[R] FW: help with time Series regression please

snowcat wong cathy_white725 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:19:57 CET 2010

Dear all,

I am having difficulty to built a model of quarter sales of spirits data, and deciding which is the best model. The yfit2, yfit3, and yfit4 lines was not appeared right at the end. The data and script is enclosed with this email.

I am using the harmonic regression model to exam the periodogram of the residuals. I am not sure this step is right or not? Which is the best formula to analysis the trend and seasonality for this data set? AR, MA or ARMA and how to decide?

Please help!!

many thanks and regard,
Cathy Wong

Send us your Hotmail stories and be featured in our newsletter