[R] Fremingham Heart Study data set

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Jan 22 04:08:45 CET 2010

On 01/22/2010 07:38 AM, franck kalala wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am just born today in the r language and I discover that it the language that I need for my research.
>
> I don't too much yet about this language. I want to know if I can find in this language and install the
>
> package data set related to " The Framingham Heart Study", see references here:
>
> http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/4/370
> http://www.framinghamheartstudy.org/participants/original.html
> http://www.framinghamheartstudy.org/participants/offspring.html
> http://www.framinghamheartstudy.org/participants/genthree.html

Hi Kalulu,

To use the Framingham dataset, you must apply to the researchers. See
the "Research Application" options on the "For Researchers" menu.

The data itself is supplied in SAS format. You will have to use the
sas.get function in the Hmisc package or something similar to translate
this to something that R can read.

Jim