[R] subsample clustered data

anto.r anto.rajaa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:37:46 CET 2010

Hi all

I am pretty new to R and would like some help concerning subsampling my
data.
I have got locations of species presence that are clustered in some regions
of my study area. using this for habitat modelling produces overfitting the
denser areas. I would like to subsample the presence location. Ideally,
something like create a buffer zone around the points, then randomly select
only one of the points within if there is more than one inside the buffer.

Thanks in advance

anto