[R] Computing Confidence Intervals for AUC in ROCR Package

Na'im R. Tyson ntyson at clovermail.net
Fri Jan 22 18:01:02 CET 2010

Thank you for your very prompt response.  The authors of the ROCR
package informed me the package works as stated in the documentation
as long as you use R version 2.9.0--and indeed, it does!  I do not
mind using a slightly older version of R to get the results I need.

It is useful to have the 'spread.estimate' feature for plotting, but I
wanted a numerical confidence interval.  In short, I am comparing a
few binary classifiers, and I want to show that the confidence
intervals for the average AUC overlap.  You can see this graphically
with the 'spread.estimate' option, but my dissertation committee
prefers numbers.

Again, thank you for all of your help.  It has led me in the right
direction.

Regards,

Na'im