[R] [R-SIG-Finance] How to separate date and time into different columns?

J Ryan jeff.a.ryan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 20:13:35 CET 2010

A note about xts:

The time class layer is abstracted from the implementation. This
allows for some very time specific manipulation without having to
manage the underlying details.

Take a look at the xts docs and vignette.

Also, the functions .indexmon .indexyear etc correspond to the POSIXlt
components. The xts object doesn't use this as a class, but this
allows you access as if it did.

HTH
Jeff

Jeffrey A. Ryan