[R] End of File for binary files

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 03:59:31 CET 2010

If you are reading a 'binary' file, then the end of file is when you
read the last byte; the system will tell you.  Exactly what are you
trying do to?  When you do a read, you typically request the number of
bytes to read and then the system returns the number of bytes read.
But since you did not give an indication of what/how you are trying to
do this, it is hard to make an exact suggestion.  Did you have some
experience that you think you did not get an end of file indication?
More information is required.