[R] Read files in a folder when new data files come

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:12:34 CET 2010

You can read the status of every file in a directory and make the
decision to process it.  One technique is to create a file in the
directory the last time that you processed information from the
directory.  You could schedule an R script to first read in your
'flag' file and determine the date it was created and then get all the
files in the directory that are later than that date to process them.
You would then rewrite your flag file to update its modification date
for the next round.

Does this do what you want?