[R] Rearranging long dataframe for printing in Sweave (andrecoding a factor)

Steve Sidney sbsidney at mweb.co.za
Mon Jan 25 15:44:54 CET 2010

JL

The solution which was proposed by Joseph Wright on the Latex Community
Forum was as follows

1) Use R to create the table and then save it in csv format

2) Use LaTex to print the table.

3) LaTex on it's own is not able to do this and you must install the
'datatool' package.

4) What 'datatool' allows you to do is to read the csv into an internal
database and from that various very nice table printing styles can be
provided.

5) If you click on the link below provided by Liviu, you can follow the
postings between Joesph and myself and there are various code files as well
as pdf's which show how a single table with more rows than one page, can be
divided in two and placed one one page. If that's what you are looking for
then this might be a solution. The only problem is that if like me you don't
have strong LaTex skills, then you will have to do some experimenting and
learning, in order to achieve this result.

HTH - Good luck
Steve