[R] Help with subset

Jerry Floren jerry.floren at state.mn.us
Mon Jan 25 17:06:16 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

Thanks again for showing me how to do this. This will save me hours of
tedious work, and I can't believe how quickly R reads in and processes my
data. It was taking about 40 minutes when I used Word's mail merge for this.
When I first switched from Excel to R, R was so much faster than Excel that
I could live with the 40 minute processing time.

This is another major improvement. What will really save me the most time is
the" if (nrow(rsubset) > 8)"  statement.

Thanks,

Jerry Floren
Minnesota Department of Agriculture