[R] StructTS hang?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 26 11:14:34 CET 2010

On 26.01.2010 10:55, Richard.Kiefer at rwe.com wrote:
> No problem!
>
> Working:
> z<-ts(sin(1:1000), start=1, freq=10)
> x<-StructTS(z, type='BSM')
> Hang:
> z<-ts(sin(1:1000), start=1, freq=100)
> x<-StructTS(z, type='BSM')
> (Both on WinXP, R 2.9.2)
>
> I don't, however, know who the package maintainer is, nor can I track down where exactly the hang is caused.
>
> Maybe somebody else can help me with that.

Apologies, thought that code was from a contributed package rather than
from the base distribution of R.
In this case, and given the code, we should try to debug a little bit.

My first impression is that it will take some time given experiments
with smaller numbers it looks roughly exponential in runtime. I'll be
off for a meeting now and will look at results in 1-2 hours (when I
expect them to appear on my machine).

Uwe Ligges