[R] Formatting cgroup and factor level labels in Hmisc latex function

Stefan Petersson stefan.petersson at inizio.se
Tue Jan 26 12:21:01 CET 2010

I'm trying to typeset at simple crosstable with the Hmisc latex function. And I have two problems.

1. How do I make all columns the same width? The Latex function seems very unwilling to break the 'cgroup' labels and the factor level labels. Please have look at this screenshot that shows my problem:

 >> http://hem.passagen.se/stpe9096/table.png

So, how can I make sure that the cgroup labels and the factor level labels are sufficiently line breaked and/or hyphenated to make the columns evenly spaced?

2. Is there something like a 'widetable' package that can break a wide table into several tables with repeated 'rgroup' labels? As You can see in the screenshot, the table runs way off the page. And I know that there is a 'longtable' package that can do exactly this, but for tables with long rgroup lists.