[R] problem with read.genepop function

Adam Peer peer at cbl.umces.edu
Tue Jan 26 17:02:26 CET 2010

I'm trying to use the package ARES to produce allelic richness
estimates with extrapolation beyond the sample size.  I've begun by
testing the program with the butterfly_borneo data provided with the
package, but I seem to be having a problem with the read.genepop
function.  Below, I've included my R code along with the error I
receive after trying to read the genepop file.  I'm not familiar with
this error message and would appreciate any comments on how to resolve
this problem, or interpret the error.

Thank you,
Adam

> path <- system.file ( package = 'ARES');
> file <- paste (list (path, '/data/butterfly_borneo.txt'), collapse="");
> butterfly_data <- read.genepop (filename=file);
Error in read.genepop(filename = file) :
  trying to get slot "title" from an object of a basic class ("list")
with no slots
In addition: Warning message:
In readLines(con) :
  incomplete final line found on
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-29~1.2/library/ARES/data/butterfly_borneo.txt'