[R] add points to 3D plot using p3d {onion}

Robin Hankin rksh1 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 27 11:17:29 CET 2010

Hello Bradley

I don't think there's an easy way to do what you want because the viewing
angles are internal to p3d().   Frankly p3d() tries to be all things to all
men (the arguments are a mess)  and inevitably isn't as flexible as one
might wish.

I take it you want to do this:

data(bunny)
p3d(head(bunny,100),d0=2,theta=3)
points(tail(bunny), col='blue')

You'd want the call to points() to "remember" theta=3,
and possibly d0=2 as well.

Although I can see a hack....

I'd be very happy to help you offline.

best wishes