[R] SSOAP XML-RPC

Jan Bot ikke3075 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 13:31:03 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to use the XML-RPC client in the SSOAP package to connect to a
service that I have created. From other languages (Perl, Python, Ruby) this
is not a problem but the SSOAP client gives the following error:

Error in .XMLRPC("http://localhost:9000", "Cytoscape.test", .opts =
list(verbose = TRUE)) :
  Failed to parse XML-RPC request: Content is not allowed in prolog.

It looks like the SSOAP XML-RPC client is not creating the right type of
XML-RPC message. Does anyone know how to fix this or has successfully used
the SSOAP XML-RPC client?

Thanks,

Jan