[R] selecting significant predictors from ANOVA result

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Jan 27 16:56:09 CET 2010

Ram:

You do not say how many cases (rows in your dataset) you have, but I suspect
it may be small (a few hundred, say).

In any case, what you describe is probably just a complicated way to
generate random numbers -- it is **highly** unlikely that any meaningful,
replicable scientific results would result from your proposed approach.

Not surprising -- this appears to be a very difficult data analysis issue.
It is obvious that you have only a minimal statistical background, so I
would strongly recommend that you find a competent local statistician to
help you with your work. Remote help from this list is wholly inadequate.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Statistics