[R] RMySQL - Bulk loading data and creating FK links

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Thu Jan 28 10:37:25 CET 2010

How it represents data internally is very important,  depending on the real
goal :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column-oriented_DBMS

"Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:971536df1001271710o4ea62333l7f1230b860114c7e at mail.gmail.com...
How it represents data internally should not be important as long as
you can do what you want.  SQL is declarative so you just specify what
you want rather than how to get it and invisibly to the user it
automatically draws up a query plan and then uses that plan to get the
result.