[R] Print lattice output to table?

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:23:39 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 6:25 AM, GL <pflugg at shands.ufl.edu> wrote:

> I have beautiful box and whisker charts formatted with lattice, which is
> obviously calculating summary statistics internally in order to draw the
> charts. Is there a way to dump the associated summary tables that are being
> used to generate the charts? Realize I could use tapply or such to get
> something similar, but I have all the groupings and such already configured
> to generate the charts. Simply want to dump those values to a table so that
> I don't have to interpolate where the 75th percentile is on a visual chart.
> Appreciate any thoughts..

You can customize the function that computes the summary statistics,
and that seems like the only reasonable entry-point for you. A simple
example:

bwplot(voice.part ~ height, data = singer,
       stats = function(...) {
           ans <- boxplot.stats(...)
           str(ans)
           ans
       })

You will need to figure out how you will "dump" the parts you want.

-Deepayan