[R] Data frame of different sized lists in a function call

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Jan 28 22:10:55 CET 2010

If you understand the differences between R lists and R vectors then this should be easy:

> vec1 <- 1:10
> vec2 <- 2:4

> myListOfVectors <- list( vec1, vec2 )

Now you can pass the single list of 2 different sized vectors to your function.  For more details on working with lists (and vectors and functions and ... ) read "An Introduction to R" which is worth a lot more than you pay for it.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center