[R] help in identifying the argument "formula" in the package nnet

CJ Rubio cjrubio at kongju.ac.kr
Fri Jan 29 02:47:39 CET 2010

hi everyone!

I have a 40-year monthy streamflow record. And i want to fit a neural
network. I already fitted an autoregressive model and found out that an
AR(3) model fits my time series (time.series) the best.

I am currently having problems on how to express the argument "formula" for
my neural network.. I am aware that my model should be Q(t) ~ Q(t-1) +
Q(t-2) + Q(t-3). But I can't seem to figure out how to express this in a
formula that R would recognize.

Any help, suggestions and comments to enlighten me will be truly
appreciated.

CJ Rubio