[R] How do people use Sweave / R / Databases

Anne York york at zipcon.net
Sat Jan 30 17:02:33 CET 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Paul wrote:

P > I'm currently using r scripts in sweave to grab some data via ODBC, process
P > it then generate some tables.  I'd like to be able to give someone the files
P > and let them reproduce what I've done.  Is there some way to store the data
P > that is gathered by ODBC so that the second person can recreate the work
P > without the database (apart from just writing it to a file or into the
P > document)
P >
P > Thanks
P >
P > Paul.
P >
P >

Another idea is to build a package. I used to think that a
package was just for building a set of functions for my use
or to contribute to cran. But, another use is to "package"
up an analysis with all the data, functions, etc, including
sweave scripts. Your work can then be repeated by someone
else who has installed R.

Anne