[R] help on Venn's diagram

Zoppoli, Gabriele (NIH/NCI) [G] zoppolig at mail.nih.gov
Sun Jan 31 04:13:05 CET 2010

Hello!

I have this problem: I want to create a Venn's diagram with three lists of genes'names. The first is all the genome, the second a subset of it comprising all mitochondrial genes, and the third including all genes that correlate with a given gene.

This is what I do:

> library(gplots)
> A<-read.delim("F:/.../mito genes just names.txt")
> B<-read.delim("F:/.../My gene all cors names.txt")
> C<-read.delim("F:/.../all genes names.txt")
> input<-list(A,B,C)
> venn(input)

However, the output is empty, being no number inside each intersection. I think the issue lyes in the non-numeric nature of the list, but I don't know if a solution for this exists...

If anybody can help, this would be a great thing.

Thanks!

Gabriele Zoppoli, MD
Ph.D. Fellow, Experimental and Clinical Oncology and Hematology, University of Genova, Genova, Italy
Guest Researcher, LMP, NCI, NIH, Bethesda MD

Work: 301-451-8575
Mobile: 301-204-5642
Email: zoppolig at mail.nih.gov