[R] problems loading the twitteR package

lyolya lyolya at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 23:51:02 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I cannot load the twitteR package. When I have it installed and try to load
it, I get the following response from the system:

> library(twitteR)
Error: package 'RCurl' could not be loaded
Además: Mensajes de aviso perdidos
In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc =
lib.loc) :
there is no package called 'RCurl'

and when I further manually install and load the RCurl package, I get this
response:

ERROR: dependencies ‘bitops’ are not available for package ‘RCurl’
* removing ‘/Users/lyolya/RCurl’

Would be happy with any piece of advice,

Thank you.

Lyolya.