[R] S4 classes and debugging - Is there a summary?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:42:33 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Martin Morgan <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> wrote:

>  selectMethod(xyValues, c('RasterLayer', 'matrix'))
>
> would be my choice.

Thanks, that's a discovery. I guess I misunderstood the help pages on that one.

> I don't really have the right experience, but Chamber's 2008 Software
> for Data Analysis... and Gentleman's 2008 R Programming for
> Bioinformatics... books would be where I'd start. ?Methods and ?Classes
> are I think under-used.

I did read the posting guide ;-) but I have to admit the help pages
are not always that clear. Which is one of the reasons why S4 gets me
frustrated so easily. I also have Chamber's book and Gentleman's book
is here on the department as well. I'll go again through the relevant
chapters.

Thanks
Joris

--