[R] Non-exported data sets?

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Sat Jul 3 14:57:36 CEST 2010

> Sure.  The code uses objects() to find the exported objects in the
> package, so I guess the offending object will be there.  You can check
> for yourself by loading the package and calling objects() on the package
> environment.

So I guess my question then is how do data sets and namespaces
interact?  All data objects are automatically exposed and cannot be
controlled through a namespace?

Following the hint "Two exceptions are allowed: if the R subdirectory
contains a file sysdata.rda (a saved image of R objects) this will be
lazy-loaded into the name space/package environment – this is intended
for system datasets that are not intended to be user-accessible via
data. " I also tried using sysdata.rda, but the contents still appear
to be exported.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/