[R] Assigning entries to categories

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 3 19:15:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, LogLord wrote:

> Thanks for your help!
> You are right it is not one-to-one assigned that would be indeed very
> easy... its more like assigning 1000 entries to 60 categories...
>
> Unfortunately, the ?match and ?merge did not help me a lot... I am a newbie
> to such programming stuff in R.
>
> It would be great if you could help me again to set this up.

Then you need to observe this:

 	   PLEASE do read the posting guide
            http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html and provide
            commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

If you provide a _reproducible example_ that properly mimics the features
of the problem you need to solve, the chance that someone will either
solve it for you or point you in the right direction will be better.

[stuff deleted]

                                             Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine