[R] Fwd: Functional programming and R: Recommendations?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 09:04:29 CEST 2010

Hello,

You can find a list of some R books here
http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html.  I found Software for
Data Analysis particularly helpful for learning about how R worked and
some of the concepts.

Here is the reference and a link to it at Amazon
John M. Chambers. Software for Data Analysis: Programming with R.
Springer, New York, 2008. ISBN 978-0-387-75935-7

http://www.amazon.de/Software-Data-Analysis-Programming-Statistics/dp/0387759352/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1278226949&sr=8-1

Cheers,

Josh

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:36 PM, schuster <mail at friedrich-schuster.de> wrote:

> Hello R list members,
>
> I have a good object-oriented programming and software engineering background
> (mostly Java) and know some R.
>
> I'd like to learn more about functional programming concepts and its support
> and application in R. Do you have any recommendations (books, links etc)?
>
> I read (and like) "Programming in Scala" (Odersky) and just ordered
> "Funktionale Progammierung" (Pepper/Hofstedt)
>
> Thanks, FS
> --
> ----
> Friedrich Schuster