[R] nested for loops

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 23:48:15 CEST 2010

What do you want to do with the data being genereated?  In the loop
you have, it will just return the last value generated.  Let me ask my
favorite question: "What is the problem you are trying to solve".  If
you get a memory problem with expand.grid, then if you are trying to
store the values in the 'for' loop, you will have the same problem.
How big is 'n'?  If it is 3, you will have this many values:

> 3^20
[1] 3486784401

What are you going to do with them?