[R] metafor and meta-analysis at arm-level

Angelo Franchini Angelo.Franchini at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 10:36:34 CEST 2010

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for your response.
When you mentionthe "appropriate design matrix", do you mean by that the
'n1i, n2i, m1i, m2i, sd1i, sd2i' arguments of the rma function, or am I
missing something?
I read the documentation on metafor (introduction), rma/rma.uni and
escalc, and that was the only way that I could find for the package to use
information at the arm-level rather than the trial one.

As for the complexity of possible correlations between effects, that is
something to be considered for the network analysis case, correct?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
Angelo