[R] Function for gruping similar variables?

Timo W esuomikim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 11:32:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a matrix of results of multiple 2x2 chi^2 tests, non-
significant tests are marked as TRUE. Is there a function for grouping
those variables in a similar way LSD.test from agricolae library does?
I reviewed LSD.test's source but it's not helpful for me.

This is my matrix:

   [,1]  [,2]  [,3]  [,4]  [,5]  [,6]  [,7]
1  TRUE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE  TRUE
2 FALSE  TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE
3  TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE  TRUE FALSE FALSE
4  TRUE FALSE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE
5  TRUE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE
6 FALSE FALSE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE
7  TRUE FALSE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE

And I'd like to get similar output to this (LSD.test):

Groups, Treatments and means
a        oo      36.9
a        ff      36.33333
 b       cc      24.4
  c      fc      12.86667

For example, there's a group of variables 4, 5, 6, & 7 that don't
significantly differ from each other. Is there any _simple_ way to
mark all of them as a group?

If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Timo