[R] Rcmdr installation under Unbuntu installatiion errors

Vojtěch Zeisek vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org
Tue Jul 6 19:52:49 CEST 2010

Hello,
1) Try Rkward, it is much more better,
2) You can install Rcmdr directly via r-cran-rcmdr (generaly, search r-cran-*;
You can also add special repository, see <http://cran.r-
project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/>) and/or
3) if You wish to install normal packages from source (that is IMHO what
install.packages() does in Linux), You need development packages for R as well
as kernel header, compiler for Fortran, C and so on. I do not know how are
those packages named in Ubuntu, but it should be no problem to find it via
Synaptics. But I'd prefer solution 2. :-)
Best regards,
Vojtěch Zeisek

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Charles Uni., Prague, CZ
Institute of Botany, Academy of Science, Czech Republic
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux

https://www.natur.cuni.cz/faculty-en?set_language=en
http://www.ibot.cas.cz/?p=index&site=en
http://www.opensuse.org/