[R] PCA and Regression

Marino Taussig De Bodonia, Agnese agnese.marino09 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 21:07:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am currently analyzing responses to questionnaires about general attitudes. I have performed a PCA on my data, and have retained two Principal Components. Now I would like to use the scores of both the principal comonents in a multiple regression. I would like to know if it makes sense to use the scores of one principal component to explain the variance in the scores of another principal component:

lm(scores of principal component 1~scores of principal component 2+ age, gender, etc..)

Please could you let me know if this is statistically sound?

Thank you in advance for you time,

Agnese