[R] Stoch Prog in R

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Jul 7 04:01:41 CEST 2010

There is nothing in R that I know of.  The task view on optimization shows `stoprog', but it is not available on CRAN.

One obvious reason, that I can think of, for the lack of any packages, is that the word "stochastic" is too broad.  One needs to know more precisely how randomness enters into standard LP problems in order to write a solution algorithm.  Are the coefficients random or is the R.H.S. random?  How are they distributed? .  General-purpose stochastic LP packages would be challenging to conceptualize and design.

Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
School of Medicine