[R] Batch files process and String parsing

jd6688 jdsignature at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:11:04 CEST 2010

Here are what i am going to accomplish:

I have 400 files named as xxx.txt. the content of the file looks like the
following:

    name    count

1. aaa     100
2. bbb    2000
3. ccc    300
4. ddd   3000

more that 1000 rows in each files.

these are the areas i need help:
1. how can i only read in the files with the string patterns ggg or fff as
part of the file names?
  for instance, I only need the file names with the ggg or fff in it
     xxxxx_ggg_yyyyy_1.txt
     yyyy_fff_yyyy_xxx.txt

    i don't need to read in the files, such as xxxx_aaa_yyyy.txt

2.how cam rename the files:

  for instance: xxxxx_ggg_yyyyy_1.txt======>changed to ggg1a.txt

3.after the files read in, how can i only keep the rows with the aaa and
bbb, everything elses show be removed from the files, but the files still
remain the same file name?

   for instance, in the xxxxx_ggg_yyyyy_1.txt file, it shouls looks like:
 name    count

1. aaa    100
2. bbb    2000
3. aaa    300
4. bbb    400

Thanks so lot, I am very new to R, I am looking forward to any helps from
you.