[R] SAM program and R mirror - which port to open?

Katie Ashton Katie.Ashton at newcastle.edu.au
Thu Jul 8 01:55:49 CEST 2010

To whom this may concern,

I am having issues installing a program called "SAM" (Statistical Analysis of Microarrays) which is an excel add in and requires the use of R. Due to the firewall at my hospital, R cannot connect to a mirror and therefore cannot install necessary files for the complete installation of SAM. The IT department has asked me which "port" needs to be opened so I can connect to a mirror.

Thank you for your help,

Cheers,
Katie

Katie Ashton PhD
HMRI Bogner Cancer Research Fellow
HMRI, Room 3642
Level 3, John Hunter Hospital
Lookout Rd
New Lambton Heights
NSW, 2305
Australia
Ph. +61 2 498 55663
Fax +61 2 498 55895
The University of Newcastle CRICOS Provider code: 00109J.