[R] Calling Gnuplot from R

Matt Shotwell shotwelm at musc.edu
Thu Jul 8 17:49:48 CEST 2010

I recently wrote a small R function to draw simple ASCII scatterplots.
http://biostatmatt.com/archives/491
Bill Harris commented that the plots reminded him of the "dumb" terminal
of Gnuplot. I think it would be really neat to have an R graphics driver
to Gnuplot in order to generate more complete ASCII graphics in R. Maybe
there are other good reasons also? I believe octave makes good use of
Gnuplot...

-Matt