[R] S: Book for time series analysis with R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Jul 9 22:12:55 CEST 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 3:37 PM, soeren.vogel at eawag.ch wrote:

> Hello
>
> Could you recommend a printed/electronic book that teaches time
> series analysis (using R) for students? I am searching for something
> similar to the MASS book, with a level lower but close, for TSA.
> Easy examples would be fine to understand deeper statistical
> procedures. Functions, results, and their practical interpretation
> should be explained next to the R code.
>
> Thanks for help and/or suggestions!

Have you looked at the "Books" listing of the main R-project webpage?
Each has a blurb outlining the topics covered.

[11] Paul S. P. Cowpertwait and Andrew Metcalfe. Introductory Time
Series with R. Springer Series in Statistics. Springer, 2009. ISBN:
978-0-387-88697-8.

[41] Jonathan D. Cryer and Kung-Sik Chan. Time Series Analysis With
Applications in R. Springer, New York, 2008. ISBN 978-0-387-75958-6.

[59] Robert H. Shumway and David S. Stoffer. Time Series Analysis and
Its Applications With R Examples. Springer, New York, 2006. ISBN
978-0-387-29317-2.