[R] Using Ubuntu as a Server

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 00:24:43 CEST 2010

I don't have tinnR to test - I would suspect that this is possible,
but I may be naive.

2010/7/10 Leandro Marino <leandromarino at leandromarino.com.br>:
> What I was trying to say is that TINNR has a possibility to connect to R on
> a server. I want to know if its possible to have the r in a server with
> ubuntu and use it from the TINNR software.
>
> Sent from my mobile.
>
> Att,
> Leandro Marino
> http://www.leandromarino.com.br (Fotógrafo)
> http://est.leandromarino.com.br (Estatístico)
> Cel.: +55 21 9845-7707
> Cel.: +55 21 8777-7907
>
> Em 10/07/2010 18:27, "Vojtěch Zeisek" <vojtech.zeisek at opensuse.org>escreveu:
>
> Hello,
> well, if You wish, You can always write scripts in R and then send it to
> Ubuntu server, but it is too complicated. Tinn-R is Windows only, but Rkward
> is IMHO much more better. You can not work in Windows in Tinn-R and send it
> directly to R running on remote Linux server.
> Best regards,
> Vojtěch Zeisek
>
> Dne Sat 10. of July 2010 21:30:57 Cedrick W. Johnson napsal(a):
>
>> You can do that, as well as install RKWard if you want a "gui" front end
>> and use ssh/x11 forward...
>
> --
> Vojtěch Zeisek
>
> Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Charles Uni., Prague, CZ
> Institute of ...
> https://www.natur.cuni.cz/faculty-en?set_language=en
>
> http://www.ibot.cas.cz/?p=index&site=en
> http://www.opensuse.org/
> http://web.natur.cuni.cz/~zeise...

Stephen Sefick
____________________________________
| Auburn University                                   |
| Department of Biological Sciences           |
| 331 Funchess Hall                                  |
| Auburn, Alabama                                   |
| 36849                                                    |
| sas0025 at auburn.edu                             |
| http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025             |

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis