[R] Interrupt R?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sun Jul 11 20:29:45 CEST 2010

       How can one interrupt the following gracefully:

while(TRUE){
   Sys.sleep(1)
}

       In R2.11.1 under Emacs+ESS, some sequence of ctrl-g, ctrl-c
eventually worked for me.  Under Rgui 2.11.1, the only way I've found
was to kill R.

       Suggestions on something more graceful?

       Beyond this, what would you suggest to update a real-time report
when new data arrives in a certain directory?  A generalization of the
above works, but I'd like something more graceful.

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves

sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] SIM_0.5-0      RCurl_1.4-2    bitops_1.0-4.1 R2HTML_2.1     oce_0.1-80

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Operating Officer