[R] Want to exclude a column when using sample function

Addi Wei addiwei at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 20:19:45 CEST 2010

Maybe I'm missing something, but after reading the reshape package, I'm still
not quite sure how reshaping the data will help me with storing the
previously used samples and preventing me from selecting previously used
samples in the future.

This is my pseudo code thought process, but I'm not sure how to implement in

1.  Store the 10 samples out of 180 factors into an object called sample10.
2.  Delete sample10 from 180 factors to create a "new factor list" object.
(should then have 170 factors left)
3. Run my analysis, then sample 3 out of sample10 and call it sample3
4.  Replace sample3 with 3 new factors from "new factor list" and call those
3 new factors new3factors
5. Subtract new3 factors from "new factor list"  (we're down to 167)
6. Run analysis on new factors
6. and continue doing this until we run out of factors in "new factor list"