[R] impute2mach GenABEL conversion problem

Newbie19_02 nvanzuydam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 14:26:17 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've been trying to use the impute2mach function in the GenABEL library.  I
unfortunately cannot make a working example as when I scale down the files I
no longer get an error message.

The error message that I get on the full file is:
Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :
  assignment of an object of class "NULL" is not valid for slot "data" in an
object of class "databel"; is(value, "externalptr") is not TRUE

The screen out put is:

impute2mach(geno = "chr22_1000G.gen",info = "chr22_info", sample =
"1000G.sample",machbase = "chr22_test", maketext = F, order_info = c(2:7),
skip_info = 0)
Options in effect:
         --infile    = chr22_1000G.gen
         --outfile   = ./tmp841924
         --skiprows  = OFF
         --skipcols  = 5
         --cnrow     = OFF
         --rncol     = ON, using column 2 of 'chr22_1000G.gen'
         --transpose = ON
         --Rmatrix   = OFF
         --nanString = NA
Number of lines in source file is 120030
Number of words in source file is 11207
skiprows = 0
cnrow = 0
skipcols = 5
rncol = 2
Rmatrix = 0
numWords = 11207
Creating file with numRows = 120030
Creating file with numColumns = 11202
text2fvf finished.
Data file size (13928) differs from the expected (1083336944)
 [120030,11202]
Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :
  assignment of an object of class "NULL" is not valid for slot "data" in an
object of class "databel"; is(value, "externalptr") is not TRUE

I was wondering if anyone else had got this error?  Is it just the size of
the file that creates the problem?

Thanks,
Natalie