[R] Mathematica and R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:26:16 CEST 2010

On 15/07/2010 12:11 PM, David Bickel wrote:
> Sage and Marc, thank you for your helpful replies.
>
> Since RLink enables R calls from Mathematica, I wonder if it would make
> the Mathematica "Front End" useful for organizing R work even if no
> Mathematica functions are needed. It would be nice R had something like
> the "Front End," a GUI that enables Mathematica users to easily keep
> commands, output, and plots in the same file.

I would think that's something for Wolfram Research to develop, unless
you just meant a front end in the same style as Mathematica.  If the
latter, we've made efforts to allow contributed front ends to work with
R, so go for it.  You can start from scratch, or from any of the
existing open source front ends.

Duncan Murdoch