[R] Weighted densityplot?

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 10:48:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Farley, Robert <FarleyR at metro.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to plot a series of densities using/comparing differing weights.
> I see the reference to weights and subscripts, but I don't understand how
> to implement that.  My data are of the form:
>
> I, J, Actual, Distance, Subset, Weight1, Weight2, ...
>
> I'm trying to see the effect of the distance distribution (Actual by Distance)
> compared to the various weighted distributions (Subset*WeightX by Distance)
>
> I presume I and J are the subscripts to the weight Variable in densityplot.
> If anyone has a code snippet of densityplot using weights, I could get started....

I'm not sure what I and J are in your data, or what you want exactly.
But here is an example using 'weights':

faithful$dummy <- gl(2, 1, nrow(faithful))
p1 <- densityplot(~eruptions | dummy, faithful, main = "unweighted")
p2 <- densityplot(~eruptions | dummy, faithful, weights = 1/waiting,
main = "weighted")

plot(p1, split = c(1, 1, 1, 2))
plot(p2, split = c(1, 2, 1, 2), newpage = FALSE)

-Deepayan