[R] send out put to file in R

Gábor Csárdi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Fri Jul 16 14:47:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM, chakri_amateur <chakri2sai at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
[...]
> I want to extract the largest connected component (alias sub-graph) of the
> network. My input network is a large network of >1000 vertices and >15000
> arcs. From this, I want to take out only the largest cluster.
>
>> If you decompose a graph to components, you get a list of graphs;
>
> Yes. But I want only the largest sub-graph. It is first in the list
> sub-graphs generated. Am I right ? I tried with 10 files, and all the time
> the largest sub-graph is shown first in the list. (i.e i=1, in compo[[i]])

No, this is not right. It is just a coincidence. The components are
not ordered. In fact, the first component in the list is the one that
has the first (well, zeroth) vertex. Check the sizes of the components
and explicitly choose the largest one:

compo[[ which.max(sapply(compo, vcount)) ]]

Best,
Gabor

Gabor Csardi <Gabor.Csardi at unil.ch>     UNIL DGM