[R] Packages built before R 2.10.0

Philip Whittall Philip.whittall at detica.com
Fri Jul 16 16:41:33 CEST 2010

Hi Duncan,

Many thanks for the response. I did indeed re-install car and this is
what occurred ...

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'car' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> require(candisc)
Error: package 'car' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'candisc' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
> require(candisc)
Error: package 'car' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it
> require(car)
Error: package 'car' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it

I had checked the .zip files on the CRAN site ahd I do have the current
ones I had also
run update.packages() both as a command and from the console pull down
menu.

I have probably missed something obvious,

Thanks,

Philip