[R] problem with using tm

cob cobot2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 07:59:10 CEST 2010

I have R installed on my computer and want to use the tm module. I selected a
CRAN mirror then selected tm on the install package menu. This is the
response I got:

also installing the dependency ‘slam’

trying URL
'http://cran.mirrors.hoobly.com/bin/windows/contrib/2.11/slam_0.1-13.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 41992 bytes (41 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 41 Kb

trying URL
'http://cran.mirrors.hoobly.com/bin/windows/contrib/2.11/tm_0.5-3.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 671517 bytes (655 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 655 Kb

package 'slam' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Error in normalizePath(path) :
  path[1]="C:\Program Files\R\R-2.11.1\library/slam": The system cannot find
the file specified

Then when I try to do a library(tm) I get the following:

Error in library(tm) : there is no package called 'tm'

Does anybody have any insight into what I'm doing wrong here?