[R] Constrain density to 0 at 0?

Farley, Robert FarleyR at metro.net
Tue Jul 20 20:45:44 CEST 2010

"Read the help page for density more carefully. Especially the bw and
from arguments."

Yes,  it was my inability to make sense of the help page that motivated my email.

My distances range from 0.4 to 7.6 but the density plot ranges from -2 to 10.

"from=0" seems to hide the negative portion of the density without setting it to 0.

I've tried adjust, but it requires a value of 0.2, which results in a very, very spiky plot.

I was hoping for a process that could "forbid" impossible (negative) values, yet allow the density plot to blend the individual measurements. Is there a "variable bw" that could be set small at the extrema, and larger in the range of the data?

Robert Farley
Metro
www.Metro.net