[R] Objects within environment

Megh Dal megh700004 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 11:57:47 CEST 2010

Hi all, I have following environments loaded with my current R session:

> search()
[1] ".GlobalEnv"        "package:stats"     "package:graphics"  "package:grDevices"
[5] "package:utils"     "package:datasets"  "package:methods"   "Autoloads"
[9] "package:base"

How can I find the objects under a specific environment? Here I tries following:

> objects(envir="package:base")
Error in objects(envir = "package:base") : invalid 'envir' argument

It would be great if somebody would point me the correct arguments for object() function to find the onjects associated with it. In help file it is written that:
" envir: an alternative argument to ‘name’ for specifying the
          environment evaluation environment. Mostly there for back
          compatibility"
What is the wrong in my code?

Thanks,