[R] R forum

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 13:23:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Gavin Simpson <gavin.simpson at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 20:58 -0700, saminny wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any other forums on R where I can get quick responses to my
>> questions? I've lot of questions as I am learning the basics and exploring
>> advanced computational functions and it is tough to wait for moderator
>> approval then a reply to each of those questions.
>
> Perhaps register and then post from an email address that isn't a Gmail
> one. Gmail email seems to be flagged by the message filters on the
> university servers where the R lists are hosted. These messages require
> moderator approval.
>
> This is known about and Martin Maechler (the maintainer of the lists)
> discussed the problem on the list several weeks ago.

I was experiencing the problem of having my gmail emails held up for moderator
approval too but I think there may be a filter rule against top
posting.  Since I
made sure not to top post my gmail emails have not been held up so it might
be sufficient for the poster to just ensure that he is signed up to
the list.  Info
on that is at the bottom of every r-help post.