[R] namespace? environment? how to manage functions?

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Thu Jul 22 14:58:11 CEST 2010

In http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e7/help/09/06/1900.html
Jim Holtman wrote:

Here is the way that I do it instead of creating a package of my
functions. I 'source' the file into an environment and then attach the
environment to keep the global from being clustered:

# read my functions into a environment
.my.env <- new.env()
sys.source('c:/perf/bin/perfmon.r', envir=.my.env) attach(.my.env)

Is there a way to do this directly in .Rprofile without sourcing from a
separate file?  I've looked at
sys.source, but don't understand how it works.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.